February 1, 2017
Street Law is seeking a college student to serve as a Programs & Events Summer Intern for the summer of 2017. A primary responsibility of this position will be preparing for the 2017 Supreme Court Summer Institute for Teachers. The intern will also complete research, writing, and administrative tasks for other Street Law programs as needed. The intern is supervised by Anthony Ashford, the program coordinator.
The intern’s duties will include:
- Editing, preparing and assembling participant materials
- Assisting with event planning and coordinating logistics
- Attending the Institute and providing on-site logistical support
- Researching current Supreme Court cases
- Helping to prepare funding proposals
- Reviewing website content for accuracy
- Helping with a variety of projects in the Street Law office (may include Street Law’s diversity programs, international work, and/or other professional development for teachers and can be tailored to match your specific interests.
- Attention to detail in proofreading and editing documents
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency in using Microsoft products, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- A positive can-do attitude and a consistent customer service mentality
Though this is an unpaid internship, we’re happy to provide support and documentation for students earning credit for this internship. A modest transportation stipend will also be provided. Other benefits will include the opportunity to attend the 2017 Supreme Court Summer Institute (including a private reception at the Supreme Court), as well as gaining experience with event planning, researching about legal issues, and general nonprofit operations.
The intern must be available to start in late May and the internship ends in Mid-to-Late July. We expect the intern to commit 25 to 30 hours a week, but fewer hours are negotiable. Street Law’s office is located in downtown Silver Spring, a short walk from the Metro stop.
How to Apply
To apply for the internship, please send a resume and a cover letter to Anthony Ashford to email@example.com with the Subject as “[Your First and Last Name] – 2017 Programs and Events Intern.” The deadline for applications is Monday, February 27, 2017. You’ll hear from us whether you’ll move forward in the application process no later than March 2nd.
(Reproduced with permission)