September 24, 2013
Street Law’s Legal Diversity Pipeline Programs are gearing up for the 2013 fall semester, and we are excited to bring five new sites to the program!
Our Pipeline Programs unite volunteer legal professionals with diverse high school students from across North America. By way of classroom visits and a conference at the partnered corporation or firm, students benefit from interactive lessons about the law, networking opportunities with legal professionals, and career-building activities. This fall Street Law and our national partners, ACC and NALP, are pleased to welcome the following new corporations and law firms into the Pipeline Program family:
- The Association of Corporate Counsel’s Georgia chapter will teach young people at Drew Charter School in Atlanta, GA.
- GE Canada & McCarthy Tétrault will join forces with Malvern Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Canada to lead the students through a simulated town meeting on wind farming.
- Hunton & Williams, LLP will lead workshops with the Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice in New York City, NY. Volunteers will hold sessions on contract negotiations, as well as First and Fourth Amendment rights.
- Verizon & DLA Piper will team up with Cristo Rey New York High School in New York, NY. Volunteers will lead workshops on immigration, advertising, and antitrust law.
- WellPoint & Reed Smith will collaborate with the Law and Government California Partnership Academy at Theodore Roosevelt High School in Los Angeles, CA. Volunteers will lead workshops on advertising, contracts, and employment discrimination.
(Reproduced with permission)
Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program
Legal Diversity Pipeline Program for Law Firms