Last Updated: September 26, 2013
- use, and
information we obtain through the “Website.”
The “Website” means any website, domains, services and any subdomain of the forgoing under the control of Street Law, Inc., whether partial or otherwise, in connection with providing an online platform for Street Law’s services.
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
THE WEBSITE COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information when you:
- register to use the Website;
- use the Website; and
- communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Website.
- Personal Information Collection. You must register to use certain features of the Website. To register, you need to provide your name and email address.
- Using the Site. We collect information you post through the Website. For example, when you place an order for a Publication, you will provide a billing and shipping address, and the Website will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information.
- Making Payments. When you make payments through the Website, you may need to provide Personal Information, such as your credit card number.
- Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team.
- Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies. The Website collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics.
When you visit the Website, we and our third-party service providers receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Website may not work properly.
By using the Website, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Website.
HOW STREET LAW USES YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to
- facilitate and improve our services; and
- communicate with you.
We may use aggregate information for any purpose, including for marketing purposes.
- Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes only and may provide it to third parties to allow us to operate the Website. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
- Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us when you register to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance. We may also contact you with requests for financial support of Street Law. You hereby consent to our communication with you via e-mail. You may opt out of such solicitations by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing. We may use information, including Personal Information, to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Aggregate Data. We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through the Website and use it for any purpose.
STREET LAW MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- with our third-party service providers;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- with your permission.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers we retain in connection with the provision of the Website, including, but not limited to, credit card payment processors.
- Social Networking and Other Websites. The Website may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook. We do not share your Personal Information with them unless you direct the Website to share it. Their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Website to enable the delivery of online advertising on this website, or otherwise facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Website or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and we do not want it. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected it.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
By using the Website, you will transfer data to the United States.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, then please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Street Law, Inc.
1010 Wayne Avenue, Suite 870
Silver Spring, MD 29010