Street Law, Inc. is currently seeking nominations for the 2013 Educator of the Year Award, given annually to exemplary law-related education teachers. Potential nominees include classroom teachers, school resource officers, law students, lawyers, and professionals from community-based organizations and juvenile justice settings.
To qualify, educators must meet the following criteria:
- Educate students in an exceptional manner
- Use Street Law materials
The winner must be able to attend the award presentation in Washington, DC, on April 17, 2013. Street Law, Inc. will pay for transportation and lodging for the winner and will offer a complimentary Awards Dinner ticket to one guest. Unfortunately, Street Law is unable to pay for transportation for the winner's guest.
Please read the nomination requirements carefully.
- Nominations should be submitted online by clicking the "register online now!" button below. If you do not have an online account with www.streetlaw.org, you will be prompted to create an account.
- To qualify, nominees must receive at least one nomination from a past or current student.
- If a person receives multiple nominations, all information will be considered.
- Individuals may nominate themselves or others.
- If you have nominated someone in the past and you wish you to "reactivate" that nomination, please contact Deborah Foster.
- Street Law, Inc. staff members and consultants are ineligible.
- Submissions must be received by Friday, February 1, 2013.
The recipient will be selected by a committee of Street Law, Inc. board and staff members notified by Friday, February 8, 2013.
If you have questions about the Educator of the Year Award or the nominations process, please contact Deborah Foster.